With Labor Day Weekend coming to a sudden halt and summer is coming to an end, below is a list of some of the Labor day accidents that ended in tragedy. The weekend of celebration unfortunately comes with a weekend at the emergency room. Below are a few incidents that happened over Labor Day 2011.
- In Utah, a 16 year old girl passed while she was reportedly texting on her phone while driving her ATV. She lost control and fell off the ATV as her unfastened helmet came off during the accident. It is important to be aware of the Safety Labels while operating ATV’s and other machinery.
- In Guilford, Connecticut a 4 year old drowned in their neighbor’s pool. As this continues to be a problem around the country it is important to have swimming pool signs.
- A 10 month old baby was hit by a train this labor day weekend. The baby was ejected from a car that her mother was driving when the baby was in a car that wasn’t secure inside the car.
- In Cranston. RI a 3 year old was killed by an SUV when she ran out into the middle of the street during a party. While she was 3, it is important that people pay more attention to the road signs to help prevent some incidents.
- In Montana, an 8 year old was killed in a motorcycle accident after taking a ride with his father. His father hit a rock embankment throwing them both off the bike.
- In Spencer, Iowa a 2 year old is in critical condition after being struck by a lawn mower.
- Parents have not learned that it is not safe to leave your children in the car for several hours. A 13 month old died after being left in a hot SUV outside of a day care. This happened in Akron Ohio.
Many of these incidents are geared to children and this list is a reminder to be safe over holidays.